Saturday, January 2, 2010

Psalms 13

1 How long, O LORD ? Will you forget me forever?
How long will you hide your face from me?
2 How long must I wrestle with my thoughts
and every day have sorrow in my heart?
How long will my enemy triumph over me?
3 Look on me and answer, O LORD my God.
Give light to my eyes, or I will sleep in death;
4 my enemy will say, "I have overcome him,"
and my foes will rejoice when I fall.
5 But I trust in your unfailing love;
my heart rejoices in your salvation.
6 I will sing to the LORD,
for he has been good to me.

I Hope to be sharing this with my basketball team here in the near future. God has really put it on my heart. Our team has and continues to be going through tough a season. But what i want to communicated with my team is that God has not turned his back on us. it is actually the complete opposite, he is using these tough times for these tough times to shape us to the people he intends us to be.

2Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:2-4

What i also want to share with my team is that there is so much more to life then basketball. It is such a huge part of our lives, so when it is going bad it can feel like everything is going bad. We continually forget that we have so many things to be thankful for, we have so many things that we must find joy in. There is such a difference between happiness and joy. We must strive for joy and hope for happiness. happiness is circumstantial, but joy now thats something that is always there.

watch the youtube video below and you will see just how much you have to be thankful for and where joy can come from.





No comments: